Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
Residents who do not have the luxury of a garbage chute might want to be aware of a waste exemption period.
The Region of Peel recently announced that, from September 4-13, residents can enjoy a waste exemption period on their regularly scheduled garbage collection day.
During the waste exemption period, residents who receive curbside collection can place unlimited amounts of acceptable excess garbage and bulky items (such as furniture) at the curb without garbage bag tags.
Each excess garbage bag cannot:
- Weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
- Be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
You should note that one metre of space is required between any excess bags and your garbage and organics carts if you're planning to take advantage of the waste exemption period.
And, excess garbage will not be collected if it is placed at the curb on recycling week, so be sure to follow your regularly scheduled garbage collection days.
You can learn more here.
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection News for Mississauga
- Important garbage and waste collection news for Mississauga residents
- Unlimited Garbage Collection Available in Mississauga After Labour Day
- Fall garbage exemption period suspended in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9