Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
Residents who do not have the luxury of a garbage chute might want to be aware of a waste exemption period.
The Region of Peel recently announced that, from September 4-13, residents can enjoy a waste exemption period on their regularly scheduled garbage collection day.
During the waste exemption period, residents who receive curbside collection can place unlimited amounts of acceptable excess garbage and bulky items (such as furniture) at the curb without garbage bag tags.
Each excess garbage bag cannot:
- Weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
- Be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
You should note that one metre of space is required between any excess bags and your garbage and organics carts if you're planning to take advantage of the waste exemption period.
And, excess garbage will not be collected if it is placed at the curb on recycling week, so be sure to follow your regularly scheduled garbage collection days.
You can learn more here.
- Biggest Japanese Food Festival Happening This Weekend in Mississauga
- Some New Affordable Housing is Coming to Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Fight Breaks Out in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Two People Transported to Hospital Following Collision in Mississauga
- Lanes Blocked on 407 Following Vehicle Rollover in Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection News for Mississauga
- Unlimited Garbage Collection Available in Mississauga After Labour Day
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- Everything You Need to Know About Garbage Collection in Mississauga