Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
Residents who do not have the luxury of a garbage chute might want to be aware of a waste exemption period.
The Region of Peel recently announced that, from September 4-13, residents can enjoy a waste exemption period on their regularly scheduled garbage collection day.
During the waste exemption period, residents who receive curbside collection can place unlimited amounts of acceptable excess garbage and bulky items (such as furniture) at the curb without garbage bag tags.
Each excess garbage bag cannot:
- Weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
- Be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
You should note that one metre of space is required between any excess bags and your garbage and organics carts if you're planning to take advantage of the waste exemption period.
And, excess garbage will not be collected if it is placed at the curb on recycling week, so be sure to follow your regularly scheduled garbage collection days.
You can learn more here.
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection News for Mississauga
- Important garbage and waste collection news for Mississauga residents
- Unlimited Garbage Collection Available in Mississauga After Labour Day
- Fall garbage exemption period suspended in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, outdoor activities, vaccines for children – May 14, 2021
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- One Mississauga postal code rises to 22% COVID-19 positivity rate