Important garbage and waste collection news for Mississauga residents
If you live in Mississauga, we have some important garbage and recycling news for you.
The Region of Peel is reminding all residents that the winter garbage exemption period is from January 27-February 7, 2020.
During the exemption period, residents are advised to only put their extra garbage out on designated garbage collection days and not on recycling collection day.
During exemption periods, garbage bag tags are not required.
There is no maximum amount of acceptable garbage that you can put on the curb.
Excess garbage cannot weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs), be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high or be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
It’s important to put your excess garbage close to, but not on top of your garbage bins and leave at least 1 m (3 ft.) of clear space between your extra garbage item(s) and your bins.
Residents are also encouraged to check their collection calendar to find out when their exemption days are taking place.
They may also sign-up to receive free weekly collection reminders by email, text message or phone call.
- Happy 99th birthday, Hazel - Hazel McCallion's photos through the years
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Raptors’ superfan donates $150,000 for new basketball courts in Mississauga
- Three schools in hold and secure following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Top 5 Date Night Restaurants in Mississauga