Important Documents Stolen from Mosque in Mississauga
Congregants at a Mississauga mosque are reporting that a thief manipulated their security cameras and stole a safe that contains recent donations and other documents, according to a recent CP24 article.
According to CP24, Shoaib Yousuf of the Qasim ul-Uloom Islamic Centre in the Queen and Britannia area said that congregants found items displaced when they arrived at the mosque on Tuesday morning for dawn prayer. He also said that the office door was open and a safe containing cash, cheques, chequebooks and other permits and Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) documents was missing.
Yousuf told CTV Toronto he's most concerned about getting the CRA documents back, as they're more crucial to the organization than the missing money.
The congregants suspect that a broom was used to push a security camera to the side to obstruct views of the thief.
Yousuf is asking the thief to please return any postdated cheques made out to the mosque.
Police have been notified of the incident.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Mosque Burglar
- Man Arrested for Multiple Break and Enters at Mosque in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Allegedly Breaking into Mosque
- Mississauga City Council Approves Mosque Expansion near Streetsville
- Mississauga Restaurateur Covering Funeral Costs of Quebec City Mosque Shooting Victims