Important Documents Stolen from Mosque in Mississauga
Congregants at a Mississauga mosque are reporting that a thief manipulated their security cameras and stole a safe that contains recent donations and other documents, according to a recent CP24 article.
According to CP24, Shoaib Yousuf of the Qasim ul-Uloom Islamic Centre in the Queen and Britannia area said that congregants found items displaced when they arrived at the mosque on Tuesday morning for dawn prayer. He also said that the office door was open and a safe containing cash, cheques, chequebooks and other permits and Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) documents was missing.
Yousuf told CTV Toronto he's most concerned about getting the CRA documents back, as they're more crucial to the organization than the missing money.
The congregants suspect that a broom was used to push a security camera to the side to obstruct views of the thief.
Yousuf is asking the thief to please return any postdated cheques made out to the mosque.
Police have been notified of the incident.
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- Man in Mississauga Transported to Trauma Centre with Apparent Gunshot Wounds
- Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here’s What’s Happening with Mississauga’s Biggest Residential Development
- Crews Respond to Apartment Fire in Mississauga