Impaired driving call leads police to seize loaded firearm in Mississauga
A Mississauga man is facing numerous charges following a recent police investigation on Saturday morning.
At 7:38 a.m. on February 13, officers attended a possible impaired driving call in the area of Rathburn Road East and Central Parkway East in Mississauga.
The driver was arrested for Operating a Vehicle While Impaired.
“Further investigation led to police seizing a loaded black and silver Ruger SR9 9mm, prohibited, semi-automatic handgun and a quantity of a substance believed to be cocaine,” police said.
41 year old Mississauga man Rakeshwar Kisun is charged with the following:
- Operating a Vehicle While Impaired
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There Was a Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of Firearm, Contrary to Order
- Possess Firearm with Altered Serial Number
- Failure or Refusal to Comply With Demand
- Possession of a Controlled Substance - Cocaine
Kisun was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton the same day.
Photo: Peel police handout
- Man accused of impaired driving with loaded gun in Mississauga: Peel police
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving and Firearm Possession
- Firearm Discovered During Impaired Driving Investigation in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot