IKEA issues recall for popular piece of furniture
IKEA Canada has issued a recall for a popular dresser due to tip-over hazards, the company said Wednesday (March 4).
The KULLEN 3-drawer chest has been sold in IKEA markets for more than 14 years and in Canada since 2016, the company said in a press release.
The company says they have not identified any reports of serious injuries involving the chest set anywhere in the world and IKEA says it is safe to use if attached to the wall, per the assembly instructions.
The KULLEN 3-drawer chest is sold with a permanent tip-over warning label and has always been sold with tip-over restraints.
Consumers in Canada who have not properly anchored their KULLEN 3-drawer chest should stop using it due to tip-over hazards, the company said, and customers are advised to bring it back to Returns & Exchanges at any IKEA location for a refund.
Customers who want to keep their IKEA KULLEN 3-drawer chest, but who did not keep their tip-over restraint, can pick up a free wall anchoring kit at any IKEA location or contact the Customer Support Centre at 1-800-661-9807 or visit www.ikea.ca/saferhomestogether to have one delivered to their home.
IKEA says they will also provide a one-time, free in-home wall-anchoring service for consumers upon request.
Photos courtesy CNW Group/IKEA Canada
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting 978 new COVID-19 cases today, six new deaths
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga