Iconic vegan fast-food chain coming to Hamilton
You may have heard fables from your vegan friends about a magical fast food restaurant that serves an exact taste-replica of a Big Mac — only it’s meat and dairy-free.
Not only that, but this wonderland also offers plant-based burgers that taste just like the Whopper, Baconator, and McChicken. They even have dairy-free ice cream sundaes, according to your friend.
Well, it’s time to pay up because they weren’t lying and the proof is coming to Hamilton.
With locations already in Toronto, London, and Windsor; Globally Local is setting up shop on the Mountain.
The company posted the news to Instagram Wednesday (Apr. 21).
Globally Local is scheduled to open at 920 Upper Wentworth in the summer of 2021 — inside the plaza located across from Limeridge Mall.
The news comes days after the company announced it would begin publicly trading on the TSX Venture Exchange.
Globally Local founders James and Vasiliki McInnes opened the first location in 2016 in London, Ontario, with the goal of being “superior to animal-based fast food in taste, nutrition, and affordability.”
It offers breakfast, burgers, ChickUN, salads, wraps, desserts, and shakes.
Essentially, Globally Local has everything the big fast-food chains offer, only the products are completely free of meat and dairy ingredients.
According to an official media release announcing it would go public, Globally Local “scaled quickly by opening a food manufacturing facility in 2018, allowing it to control the key links in its supply chain, keep menu prices competitive with conventional fast food, as well as engage customers to validate product development.”
“Globally Local restaurant locations operate as compact smart kitchens, which facilitate primarily takeout and delivery business,” the release reads.
The company also touts its online ordering, self-checkout kiosks, and cashless transactions.
- Popular fast-food chain unveiling new, plant-based menu item
- Massive Filipino Fast Food Chain Jollibee Officially Opening in Mississauga
- Will This Controversial American Fast Food Joint Open in Mississauga?
- Major Fast Food Chain Launching Specialty Burger
- Popular Fast Food Chain with Multiple Toronto Locations Opening in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after colliding with vehicle in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- Some universities say no to proof of vaccination requirement