Iconic downtown Brampton Starbucks will close this weekend
Yes, it is true. Starbucks in downtown Brampton is closing.
The iconic Brampton coffee shop, located on the northeast side of the four corners that converge at Main St. S. and Queen St. E., will shut its doors for the last time this Sunday (Jan. 31).
One of the oldest Starbucks in Brampton dating back to more than a decade of operation, the store has fallen victim to changing customer habits, according to the Seattle-based company, although the effects of COVID-19 may also have something to do with it.
Still, Starbucks has been experimenting with new ways of delivering its product, mostly by way of drive-through operations. However, the company has announced it expects to close 300 stores across Canada by the end of March.
While you won't be able to pick up a beverage at the downtown location anymore, the good news is most of the staff have the opportunity to work at other locations that will continue to operate in the city.
(The staff at Starbucks in downtown Brampton say goodbye/Photo courtesy of Brampton BIA)
- Two more major Starbucks locations close down in Mississauga
- Two Starbucks in Brampton close due to COVID-19
- Starbucks says closure of up to 300 stores in Canada to be completed by end of March
- Starbucks plans to close up to 200 Canadian locations over two years
- Starbucks location permanently closing in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial