Iconic Baseball Player Joe Carter Set to Appear at Grand Opening Celebration in Mississauga
Do you remember the Blue Jays’ absolute best days?
More specifically, do you remember iconic Blue Jays player Joe Carter?
If so, you might be happy to hear that the grand opening of a brand new Rogers store in Heartland Town Centre is going to feature the legend himself.
The grand opening, slated for Saturday, April 21, will boast an appearance by the Hall of Fame player.
Forever remembered for his World Series-winning home run in 1993, Carter remains one of the most popular players in Toronto Blue Jays history—and one fans are still excited to meet.
Heartland Town Centre representatives told insauga.com that Carter will be signing autographs after the ribbon cutting ceremony and is scheduled to be on site from 1:00-2:30 p.m.
Since Carter's appearances tend to generate a lot of traffic, you might want to hit HTC early to grab a spot in line.
Rogers is located at 800 Boyer Blvd, near the Seafood City and Congee Queen.
Photo courtesy of Toronto Blue Jays official Facebook page
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this article said Carter would be on site from 12-12:30 p.m. We regret any confusion this may have caused.
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting 978 new COVID-19 cases today, six new deaths
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga