Ice Storm Update: 5:10 p.m. - City of Mississauga Operations
The City of Mississauga is working as quickly as possible to address the damage, fallen trees and issues resulting from the recent ice storm.
New: Warming Centres Open at Civic Centre and Meadowvale Community Centre
Locations: 300 City Centre Drive and 6655 Glen Erin Drive
Warming Centres will be open this evening for residents who are without power as a place to stay warm.
Fallen Trees and Tree Limbs
There are a significant number of fallen trees and tree limbs down throughout the city. Crews are working as quickly as possible. The focus right now is on priority roads and routes to allow for emergency access. Residents are asked to please be safe and stay clear of fallen trees, limbs and power lines.
Reporting Damage - 311
Residents are asked to call 311 to report damage to or fallen City trees. Please be patient as operators are experiencing a very high volume of calls. Residents can also email urban [dot] forestry [at] mississauga [dot] ca to report incidents of non-emergencies regarding City-owned trees on public property.
Due to intermittent power outages, residents are asked to please call ahead to ensure facilities are open and operating.
The following facilities are closed:
Libraries: Churchill Meadows
Benares Historic House
Leslie Log House
Arenas: Port Credit
You can find information on power outages at www.enersource.com or by calling 905-273-9050. Please be aware that they are experiencing a high volume of calls.
Information and Updates
We will continue to post updates on our website (www.mississauga.ca), Twitter and Facebook.
Residents are asked to please take extreme caution if venturing out today.
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- Trudeau attends Mississauga rally in bulletproof vest due to security threats
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Mississauga on Thanksgiving
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Power Outages Affecting Residents and Causing Closures in Mississauga
- Peel Police Respond to a Fallen Tree in Mississauga Causing a Power Outage
- Power Outages Possible For Mississauga This Weekend
- Crews Continue Working to Restore Power to Mississauga Homes
- Massive Power Outage Affecting Mississauga Residents