Ice Storm Update: 1:30 p.m. – City of Mississauga Operations
The City of Mississauga is working as quickly as possible to address the damage, fallen trees and issues resulting from the recent ice storm.
Fallen Trees and Tree Limbs
There are a significant number of fallen trees and tree limbs down throughout the city. Crews are working as quickly as possible. The focus right now is on priority roads and routes to allow for emergency access. Residents are asked to please be safe and stay clear of fallen trees, limbs and power lines.
Reporting Damage - 311
Residents are asked to call 311 to report damage to or fallen City trees. Please be patient as operators are experiencing a very high volume of calls.
Due to intermittent power outages, residents are asked to please call ahead to ensure facilities are open and operating.
The following library branches are closed due to power outages:
- Churchill Meadows
- Port Credit
- Benares Historic House
- Bradley Museum
- Leslie Log House
You can find information on power outages at www.enersource.com.
Information and Updates
We will continue to post updates on our website (www.mississauga.ca), Twitter and Facebook.
Residents are asked to please take extreme caution if venturing out today.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Major phone scam affecting Mississauga; residents warned not to call back
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- Mississauga woman celebrating huge $1 million lotto win
- Peel Police Respond to a Fallen Tree in Mississauga Causing a Power Outage
- Power Outages Affecting Residents and Causing Closures in Mississauga
- Power Outages Possible For Mississauga This Weekend
- Rogers Reporting Power Outages in Mississauga
- Crews Continue Working to Restore Power to Mississauga Homes