Ice From Plane Crashes into Mississauga Home
A piece of ice that might have come from a plane recently crashed into a Mississauga home.
Yesterday morning (Jan. 9), the following tweet started circulating on Twitter.
Piece of ice from a plane crashed into my parents Mississauga home this morning. 2 meters away from my parents bed where my mother was. Thank God no one was hurt. But if someone was, who would be responsible? @MissiNewsRoom @CP24 @CityNews pic.twitter.com/wsbSdsOG70— Daniel (@DanielCadillac) January 9, 2019
Insauga.com reached out to Transport Canada and was told that the organization was not contacted regarding the incident.
“Transport Canada has not been contacted about this reported incident of falling ice in Mississauga on January 9, 2019. Members of the public are encouraged to report to Transport Canada alleged incidents of objects falling from an aircraft in flight to the following email address: services [at] tc [dot] gc [dot] ca. The department takes all reports of possible debris coming from aircraft very seriously and every reported incident is investigated by departmental officials,” said Sau Sau Liu, Senior Communications Advisor, Media Relations, Transport Canada.
Liu said that if it is determined that the ice came from an aircraft, the department will try to identify the carrier to ensure the problem is rectified.
If the air carrier does not remedy the problem, Transport Canada will take appropriate action.
According to Liu, each air operator is responsible for ensuring their aircraft operate safely and in compliance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations. Section 602.23, ‘Dropping of Objects’, states “No person shall create a hazard to persons or property on the surface by dropping an object from an aircraft in flight.” Any operator found to be in contravention of the Canadian Aviation Regulations will be subject to enforcement action under Transport Canada’s mandate.
Photo is courtesy of @DanielCadillac on Twitter.
- PHOTOS: Multiple Vehicles Collision in Mississauga Plaza
- Square One Introducing Special Pass for Certain Shoppers in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Seriously Injured After Being Hit by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Should This New McDonald’s Initiative Come to Mississauga?
- Here’s a Look at All the Movies and TV Shows That Were Recently Shot in Mississauga
- Should Canada Ground the Aircraft that Recently Crashed in Ethiopia?
- Canada Decides to Ground Aircraft Involved in Ethiopian Airlines Crash
- Here’s How Long Air Canada Plans to Ground the Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft For
- Man Arrested Following Another Assault on an Aircraft
- Transport Canada Proposes Guidelines for Seatbelts on School Buses