Hamilton man thought he won $1,002 in the lotto but is now a millionaire
A 57-year-old skilled trade worker from Hamilton won the guaranteed $1-million prize in the April 15, 2020, Lotto 6/49 draw.
Jack Demerjian also won $2 on his Encore selection, bringing his total winnings to $1,000,002.
As they say, the rich get richer.
Jack says he was on his way home from a Scenic Dr. when he decided to check his ticket using the OLG Lottery App.
“I thought I won $1,002 because I didn’t have my glasses on,” he shared while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his winnings. “I put my glasses on and checked again and I thought I was dreaming when I saw all these zeroes. I was shocked.”
Jack plans to invest and save his win for retirement.
“It will be nice to not make decisions based on finances,” he said.
Lotto 6/49 is $3 per play and draws take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
The winning ticket was purchased at Little Short Store on Pinebush Road in Cambridge.
- Hamilton father ‘in disbelief’ after winning more than $1M on lotto ticket
- Massive Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- 'That's too many zeros!" Hamilton man becomes instant millionaire with Lotto 6/49 win
- Mother and son from Hamilton cash $1 million after lotto win
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- No criminal circumstances in death of Brampton child, say police
- Popular Korean-style hotdogs joint coming to Mississauga