Hydro rates to increase starting November in Mississauga
The provincial government has announced they will be implementing changes to the way residents’ hydro bills appear in an effort to increase transparency.
The people of Ontario can expect to start seeing higher hydro bills starting next month, as the provincial government has changed the rates residents will be charged for hydro starting November 1.
According to a press release from the Ontario Energy Board, residents can expect their hydro bills to increase by an average of $2 per month, as off-peak rates will be increasing nearly four cents per kilowatt hour, while mid-peak rates will increase five cents per kilowatt hour, and on-peak rates will increase 7.4 cents per kilowatt hour.
However, the provincial government has announced they will be implementing the Ontario Electricity Rebate, which will mostly offset the increase in cost.
“People deserve facts and accountability, especially when it comes to hydro costs,” Greg Rickford, minister of energy, said in a news release.
“That’s why our government is delivering on its promise to fix the hydro mess and bring more transparent electricity bills to Ontarians. We’ve taken action to remove hundreds of millions of dollars in costs from the electricity system, and we continue to work to find more savings,” he continued.
- Ontario Hydro Bills Allegedly Will Increase Over Next Decade
- Electricity Rates Proposed to Undergo Largest Cuts in Ontario History
- Ontario to spend $1.6 billion more to stabilize hydro rates, minister says
- Ontario extends low hydro rates, emergency orders
- Ontario Energy Association calls for end to most hydro subsidies
- Officers not facing charges after man falls to his death in Mississauga
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Police investigating reports of shots being fired in Mississauga
- Mississauga considering resuming fare collection, making masks mandatory on MiWay buses