Human Remains Linked With Murder of Mississauga Woman
Police are investigating the region's 24th homicide of 2018 following the discovery of human remains in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Tuesday, Sept.25, 2018, officers responded to reports of found human remains in a bush area adjacent to a utility box located on the southeast corner of Glen Erin Drive and Dunwin Drive.
The human remains were later identified to be those of 42-year-old Xiuyan Chen.
Police say Chen was reported missing on July 28, 2018.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau has been investigating this incident and believe that Chen was the victim of a homicide.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121 Ext 3205.
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Mississauga
- 16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
- City still concerned about controversial convent and senior’s residence in Mississauga
- First responders dealing with a vehicle rollover in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Witnesses Following Murder of Mississauga Woman
- Police Discover Remains of Murder Victim in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Homicide Involving Mother and Son in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year