Huge Three-Day Festival Set to Hit Mississauga
If you love food, culture and entertainment (and who doesn't love these things?), you might be happy to hear that the 5th Annual Lebanese Heritage Festival is going to hit Streetsville at the end of the month.
The festival—which will also function as one of many celebrations of Canada's 150th birthday—will kick off at Streetsville Memorial Park (355 Church Street) on July 21 and run until July 23.
The event, hosted by the Saint Charbel Church, will boast food, live musical performances, dancing, a shisha lounge, a large supervised kids zone and a huge replica of a Phoenician Ship to celebrate this year's theme.
Although the festival is significant and in its fifth year, it's a well-kept- secret.
"This year will be the 5th edition of the popular three day event, and is expected to be the biggest yet due to a steady annual growth," a festival representative said in an email to insauga.com, adding that last year's festivities attracted 5,000 people on the Saturday night alone.
People who go to festivals to eat like crazy (a noble pursuit), can enjoy shawarma, fresh manakeesh, hot dogs and funnel cakes. The event will also feature a mix of shows and dance showcasing Lebanese heritage.
Because the festivities are expected to attract a ton of attendees, some road closures will be in effect.
During the three-day festival, there will be no access to Church Street via Queen Street from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m on Friday, July 21, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 22 and 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 23.
Parking will be provided at the Streetsville GO station and a shuttle will carry people to and from the festival grounds.
As far as other activities go, there will be dessert tents and two large sheltered seating areas.
All profits from the festival go directly to charity and all organizers and workers are volunteers and members of a local Lebanese parish.
For more info, click here.
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Mandarin location in Mississauga temporarily closed for renovations
- Schools in hold and secure due to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Unique new buses coming to MiWay fleet in Mississauga
- Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Major Street Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Road Closures for the Bread and Honey Festival in Mississauga
- Huge Food and Entertainment Festival Coming to Mississauga Soon