Huge Outdoor Event With Food Trucks and Movie Night About to Hit Mississauga
Published September 21, 2017 at 10:30 pm
If you’re not ready to let go of summer (and why you should be with this incredible weather we’ve been having?), take comfort in the fact that you can enjoy a massive outdoor event in the sun this weekend.
The City of Mississauga is about to host a large-scale Canada 150 Earth Market. The market–which will reportedly be the city’s biggest outdoor environmental event–will be emceed by Poet Laureate Wali Shah and will feature food trucks, environmental vendors, family friendly activities, local cuisine, live music and more.
Interestingly enough, there will be an escape room and a screening of the environmentally-conscious film The Lorax at 7:30 p.m.
Slated for Saturday, Sept. 23 at Celebration Square, the event will kick off at 1:00 p.m. and end at 9:00 p.m.
What can you expect if you decide to check it out?
· Local environmental exhibitors and vendors
· Local food trucks
· Family friendly activities such as face painting, a building blocks station and pop-up park
· Lively percussion production by Rhythm Works
· Country soul music performance by Mississauga’s emerging artist Jacelyn Holmes
· Unveiling of Wali Shah’s new climate change poem
· Climate change themed escape room
· Mississauga fire trucks, MiWay buses and Transit Enforcement cars onsite
· Sunset screening of the winners from the Peel Secondary School climate change video challenge
· Earth Market themed selfie wall
· Hourly giveaways
The event will kick off with official remarks from Ward 4 Councillor John Kovac and Director of Environment Michael Cleland. A land acknowledgement ceremony will be delivered by Tim McGregor from the Peel Aboriginal Network.
As far as food guys, the city says popular Alijandro’s Kitchen, Dimkin’s Crepes and The Wheeling Gourmet food trucks will be on hand to serve hungry residents.
The event is completely free to attend.
To learn more, click here.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies