Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
If you've been hankering for a vast and extensive Asian night market a little closer to home, you are in luck—the Mississauga Mid-Summer Night Music & Food Festival is going to hit the city this summer.
The two-day festival, which will be held at the Mississauga Chinese Centre, will kick off this weekend and run from July 29-30. The event, organized by the Chinese Cuisine & Hospitality Association of Canada in partnership with the Mississauga Chinese Centre and the Mississauga Chinese Business Association, had its inaugural run last year as the Mid-Autumn Harvest Festival and Night Market.
This year, the event will feature over 80 food vendors, non-stop music created by both DJs and live performers, a summer night market comprised of Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Caribbean and Filipino dishes and more.
"There are over 60 booths with different style food and non-food vendors and there are two days of non-stop performances on stage, and all things are getting bigger than last year," says one of the event's organizers. "Both food vendors and performances come from different Asian styles."
According to festival organizers, there will be "endless amounts" of music and food. They also say the festival will work to celebrate Canada's multiculturalism and its Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino and South Asian communities.
There will also be, of course, a ton of food.
Very Instagrammable food, no less!
"You have the chance to take Instagram photos of squid skewers larger than your face, traditional Szechuan cuisine, Toronto's famous Morals Village Hot Pot, Taiwanese stinky tofu, Korean Fried Chicken, fresh juice, Italian specialities and many more," say organizers.
The festival will also feature performances by chefs who will be on hand to showcase traditional meat slicing skills and demonstrate the most efficient ways to peel oysters. Chefs will also show attendees how to create nine different types of hand-made ramen.
There will also be prizes, carnival games and travel rewards.
The festival will kick off on Saturday, July 29 at 12:00 p.m. and opening ceremonies will commence at 6:00 p.m. The event will wrap up on Sunday, running from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
You better get that squid selfie up on Insta before anyone else does!
- Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Here's Everything You Need To Know About Mississauga's Food Festival Happening This Week
- These Restaurants Will be at Mississauga’s Newest Food and Street Festival
- Massive Food Festival About to Kick Off in Mississauga
- Mississauga retiree plans to buy car following big lotto win
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- One person injured in two-car collision in north Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of October 26 to 30
- Missing Mississauga senior found safe