Huge Hip-Hop Event Coming to Mississauga Very Soon
While Mississauga isn’t commonly associated with music, many residents know that the music scene is always growing (and always worth checking out).
For that reason, music enthusiasts should note that a huge event for hip hop lovers will return to Mississauga next week.
In celebration of Hip Hop Appreciation Week, Temple Hip Hop Ceremony will be coming to Mississauga. The event will be the finale to The Hub 3 year anniversary.
The event will take place at the Mississauga Valley Community Centre on May 18.
For those who are unaware, Hip Hop Appreciation Week 2018 (which will run from May 14-20) begins every third week in May.
The Temple of Hip Hop says it’s a “time to acknowledge and appreciate the actual existence of hip hop itself. Instead of wondering what happened to ‘real hip hop,’ Hip Hop Appreciation Week is an opportunity to answer that question; to become a supporter of Hip Hop's original culture, and not just an exploiter of Hip Hop's original arts.”
Organizer says this year’s theme is Temple.
“Often thought of as a place of worship and prayer, a temple can be any area cut-off and held sacred from others. Any area that houses or encases divinity or holiness is considered a temple,” organizer wrote on the event’s Facebook page.
“This is why it is often said that ‘the body is a temple’, and the two sides of one's head encasing the brain is also said to be a temple. Either way, our theme being ‘temple’ this year points us toward the maintenance of that which houses the sacred. Whether that be your body, your brain, your car, or your actual prayer room/library, May 14th to May 20th 2018 will be a good time to tend to the maintenance of these.”
The upcoming event in Mississauga will feature musical performances by many different hip-hop artists. Some include The Hub, GROUND iLLUSIONZ, P.E.A.C.E and FIT-HOP. There will be over 15 acts in total throughout the event.
In addition to the music, there will be food, art, video games and even a photobooth for all attendees to enjoy.
Beyond offering a musical experience, the week encourages artists and fans alike to study and teach the culture, art, history and philosophies of hip hop.
The event will run from 7:30pm - 11:30pm and has free admission.
All fans of hip-hop are invited to attend.
- Unique musical event coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Huge Halloween Event Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- A Unique Food, Music and Culture Festival is Coming to Mississauga
- Unique escape room and board game event coming to Mississauga soon
- Annual Art in the Park Event Set to Hit Mississauga
- Mississauga salesman enjoying big lotto win
- An employee at a Shoppers Drug Mart location in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga
- McDonald's reopens in North Mississauga after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga