Huge Filipino Supermarket Opening in Mississauga
Seafood City is a Filipino supermarket with over 20 locations in the U.S. spanning cities populous with Filipino-Americans including California, Washington, Nevada, Hawaii and Chicago (soon).
The brand specializes in Filipino food and products and Mississauga will be Seafood City's first Canadian location at the Heartland Town Centre along Mavis Rd. and Boyer Blvd. expected to open sometime in 2016.
The brand's roots started in San Diego, California in 1989 to provide a community-centric place for homesick Filipino immigrants who missed the flavours of their home country and to introduce Americans to the Filipino culture through food.
Like many Asian supermarkets, Seafood City also offers other Asian products and North American staples.
If the Canadian location is anything like the American ones, you can expect to find a convenient hot food section called Grill City (it even has its own mouth-watering website and YouTube video :) where you can savour delicious Filipino style BBQ (Tilapia, chicken, pork, bangus, and squid).
Here's where it will be located in Heartland.
The menu also has classic Filipino dishes (adobo, bicol express, menudo, pancit, palabok, caldereta, bistek, pinakbet, and ginataang langka) desserts (halo-halo, bibinka), whole roasted pig (crispy lechon) and of course party trays - an essential Filipino portion of all Filipino food service establishments. Why? It's because Filipino's like to party which commonly include ridiculous amounts of food!
- Huge Filipino Supermarket Coming to Mississauga Will be Even Bigger
- Highly-Anticipated Filipino Supermarket Announces Official Opening Date in Mississauga
- Massive Filipino Fast Food Chain Jollibee Officially Opening in Mississauga
- New Filipino Restaurant Open in City Centre in Mississauga
- Seafood City Set to Open First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU