Huge Christmas Market Happening Minutes From Mississauga Very Soon
If you love all things Christmas, you might be very happy to hear that downtown Milton’s first pop-up Holiday Street Market is soon approaching.
It’s going to encompass everything you love: food, drink, poutine (it’s a category all by itself!), shopping, charitable contributions, and so much more.
The Holiday Street Market in Downtown Milton will feature more than 200 vendors over the course of three Saturdays: Dec. 2, Dec. 9, and Dec. 16 from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Admission is free and an estimated 30,000 people are expected to come out to shop, eat and play at Ontario's largest outdoor holiday market, presented by inhalton.com.
The market is taking place on Main St. E. between Brown St. and Commercial St.
(More visitor information will be posted on the Holiday Street Market site starting on Nov. 10).
The Holiday Street Market in downtown Milton will feature:
- Artisans and vendors selling a wide range of one-of-a-kind gifts for everyone on your list.
- Attractions for the whole family including an inflatable snow globe, photos with Santa Claus, popular characters, a maple syrup sugar shack and marshmallow roasting.
- A wide selection of great food, and a Poutine Festival that has chefs adding their twist to Canada's iconic comfort dish and competing for the top prize.
- A series of how-to workshops and demonstrations including holiday decoration making, wine and food pairings, photography and more.
- A Christmas tree decorating contest.
- Musicians throughout the street playing your holiday favourites.
- Craft beer and wine tastings.
- A charity food drive that will fill cars at the event.
- A scavenger hunt race to win $1,000 and more.
"The Holiday Street Market in downtown Milton helps foster a sense of pride in the community and delivers new experiences that have local economic and social benefits." said Holiday Street Market founder and managing director Philip Suos.
"Our approach aims to strengthen diversity, create inclusiveness and build engagement."
Suos is also behind the Mac and Cheese Festival, BBQ Eats Festival, The Poutine Festival and Spicy Eats Festival.
"The Holiday Street Market will showcase the charm and warmth of Downtown Milton for visitors from across
the region and beyond," said downtown Milton business improvement area executive director Rachel Shuttleworth.
"The activities, attractions and vendors of the market combined with the shops, restaurants and services in downtown Milton will give visitors an unforgettable holiday experience."
Every Saturday, visitors will have the chance to win $1,000 by participating in the Holiday Street Market Race. Teams will race against each other in a timed scavenger hunt and will complete a series of challenges. Registration is $20 per team per Saturday (limit of 4 players per team, kids 12 and under are free) and a portion of the proceeds will go to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton.
Registration opens on Nov. 10.
Mattamy Homes has teamed up with the Holiday Street Market to host a Christmas Tree Decorating Contest
at the market. Every Saturday, local businesses have the opportunity to decorate a tree and compete to win $1,000 for the charity of their choice.
"Mattamy Homes takes great pride in building houses people love to come home to and creating communities that encourage neighbours to become friends. We're happy we can support Milton, a community that has been our home for many years," said Mattamy Homes’ marketing coordinator Alyssa Kirkland.
The Holiday Street Market will offer free shuttle services during the event.
Visit holidaystreetmarket.com for more information about vendors, prizes, activities, registration and more. Details will posted there in the coming weeks.
See you in downtown Milton!
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Massive Holiday Street Market Coming to Mississauga
- Mississauga's First Ever Massive Holiday Street Market is Happening This Weekend
- PHOTOS: Holiday Street Market & Light Up the Square at Celebration Square
- Major Holiday Market Returning to Mississauga This Month
- Holiday market coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga