How to Keep Your Car Safe in Mississauga
No one should steal things from cars - or steal cars - but it's an ongoing crime that's often preventable.
According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada and the Ontario Provincial Police, there are certain precautions you can take to keep your car safe in Mississauga.
This may seem very simple, but first, you should always roll up your vehicle's windows and lock the doors when your vehicle is unattended, say, in your driveway, or in a parking lot.
Drivers are also advised not to leave their vehicle unattended while it's running.
Let's say you have a garage - you should park your vehicle inside of your garage and lock both.
Further, vehicle keys shouldn't be left in plain view or in an easily accessible area where they might be snatched or get lost.
Police also advise against leaving vehicle registration and proof of insurance inside of an unattended vehicle.
Parking in well-lit areas is also a preventative measure.
Finally, never leave valuable items or merchandise in plain view, use your trunk instead.
These simple tips could make the difference in preventing your vehicle from becoming a target of crime.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- This Mississauga Resident is Kicking Off the Weekend With a Huge Lotto Win
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors
- Police Investigating After Vehicle Stolen with Dog Inside in Mississauga
- Police Warning Residents to Watch Out for Car Thefts in Mississauga
- Vehicle Stolen with Elderly Woman Inside in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Vehicle Thefts at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Suspect Sought By Halton Police in Mississauga Fraud