Home sales hit record in 2020, Canadian Real Estate Association reports
OTTAWA -- The Canadian Real Estate Association says home sales in December hit an all-time record for the month to end what was also a record year.
It says December sales were up 47.2 per cent compared with December 2019, the largest year-over-year gain in monthly sales in 11 years.
Sales for the month were also up 7.2 per cent compared with November.
For 2020 as a whole, CREA says some 551,392 homes were sold, up 12.6 per cent from 2019, and a new annual record.
The actual national average home price was a record $607,280 in December, up 17.1 per cent from the final month of 2019.
CREA says excluding Greater Vancouver and the Greater Toronto Area, two of the most active and expensive markets, lowers the national average price by almost $130,000.
- CREA reports Canadian home sales climb again, set record for August
- May home sales up compared with April in Mississauga, but still well below year-ago level
- Home prices to rise more than 9 per cent in 2020, Canadian Real Estate Association forecasts
- Canadian housing market sets record-number of sales in January
- Wholesale trade drops 1.3 per cent to $66.5 billion in December as auto sales fall
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze