Hazel McCallion, Mississauga's larger-than-life mayor for 36 years, was first elected Mayor in November 1978.
The Lakeview Generating Station was opened by Premier John Robarts on June 20, 1962.
Were it not for the population growth in what's now Mississauga, this website might have been named something else. Why?
Until the 1960s, the Region of Peel was composed of a variety of small jurisdictions, both rural townships and incorporated villages.
On October 25, 1969, a faulty pipe exploded in a gas line beneath the junction of Airport and Derry Roads in Malton, causing a huge fire at the Four Corners.
Our history peaks through on the modern city’s landscape.
The small village of Summerville, originally called Silverthorn's or Silverthorn's Mill, was situated along Dundas Street at the Etobicoke Creek, on both sides of what is the modern bo
The story of Erindale Village begins in 1822 when a block of land, known as the Racey Tract, was opened for settlement under the direction of Thomas Racey, a crown agent.
The lazy course of the Credit River today belies its importance to the early development of Peel County.
Incorporated in 1889, St. Lawrence Starch Company built a corn wet milling factory at the foot of Centre Road (now Hurontario Street) in Port Credit.