Historic Photos of Summer in Mississauga
Summer is finally here! In celebration, Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) has pulled a few fun summer archives shots from the Mississauga vaults to get us pumped and reminisce on summers past.
Lakeshore Road was often referred to as the Toronto-Hamilton Highway in its early years.
The Cooksville Fair, at the Toronto Township hall, around 1890.
The beach at Port Credit, around 1910.
Young men race motorcycles in Streetsville, 1948.
Willow Lake in Meadowvale Village was a popular fishing spot, around 1910.
All photos and information courtesy of PAMA
- Woman and 13 Year Old Boy Killed in Stabbing
- Changes Coming to Recycling in Mississauga
- International Pop Stars Coming to Two-Day Festival at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Suspect Sought After Uttering Threats to Multiple Victims
- New Study Reveals Interesting Information About Empty Homes in Mississauga