Highway construction will affect routes in Burlington and Oakville
Highway road work will have drivers in Burlington and Oakville looking for alternate routes this week.
According to the Ministry of Transportation, the work will force many full lane closures and partial closures.
- From tonight (April 30) until May 4, there will be alternating lane closures between 10 p.m. at 5 a.m. on both westbound and eastbound lanes on the QEW between North Shore Blvd. and Guelph Line
- Again starting tonight and ongoing until May 6, there will be alternating land closures on the QEW between Bronte Rd. and Victoria Ave. from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- From May 1 to 5, there will be continuous lane closures on the QEW between Walkers Line and Burloak Dr. that will run from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- All lanes will be closed from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on the eastbound QEW off-ramp at Ford Dr.
- On Highway 407 from May 1 to 5 the eastbound on-ramp at the QEW in Burlington will close all lanes from midnight to 5 a.m.