Highway Construction of the Week in Mississauga
Although summer is over and the weather is getting cooler, minor and major construction projects are still in full swing and it's good to know what areas are experiencing (or expecting) work so you can plan your commute accordingly.
So, what are some major highway projects surging forward right now?
Here's a list of five big ones to be mindful of on your drive to (or from) work or play:
5) Hwy 401 Eastbound Collector - Dixie to Renforth Drive
Recurring construction might affect your drive on this stretch of the eastbound 401, as alternating two-lane closures are occurring. This project kicked off on Oct. 2 and will run until Oct. 7.
4) Westbound QEW from Hurontario to Mississauga Road
This project began on Sept. 27 and will affect two alternating lanes until Oct. 7. Lane one closes Tuesday-Friday from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Lane 2 closes Tuesday-Friday from from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. On Saturday, Sunday and Monday, alternating overnight closures will also be in effect.
3) Hwy 403 Westbound On Ramp (Erin Mills Parkway Northbound)
This project is a big one; so all lanes are closed and will remain so until Oct. 7.
2) Westbound QEW - Dixie to Hurontario
During this construction phase, two alternating lanes will be affected. A single lane will close at 10:00 p.m. and another will follow at 11:30 p.m. This project will kick off on Oct. 3 and run until Oct. 7.
1) Eastbound QEW - Hurontario to Dixie Road
If you're traveling east on the QEW, you might see some delays between Hurontario and Dixie due to recurring construction. Starting on Oct. 3, two alternating lanes will be closed starting at 8:30 p.m and another will follow at 10:00 p.m. This project is slated to end on Oct. 7.
If you want a very thorough report, you might want to check out this website. This site, run by the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) is updated frequently and includes news about collisions (which is great if you're planning to go somewhere in a hurry and need to know what, if any, roads to avoid).
- A Massive Construction Project Will Affect One of Mississauga’s Most Popular Malls
- Major Construction Project Coming to These Major Roads in Mississauga
- Major Construction Project Planned for One of Mississauga’s Busiest Streets
- Here Are Some Major Construction Projects to be Aware of in Mississauga
- Construction Project Coming to One of the Busiest Streets in Mississauga
- Car smashes into house in Mississauga in overnight collision
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 1,859 new cases of COVID-19
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Popular kabob restaurant opens up second location in Mississauga