Highway Closure Prompted by Shooting in Mississauga
Reports of a shooting and a collision prompted a highway closure early Saturday morning in Mississauga.
A shooting involving two vehicles was reported on Hwy. 401 eastbound, east of Winston Churchill Blvd., between 4:30 a.m. to 5 a.m.
One vehicle remains on scene with heavy damage, says OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The vehicle, which rolled over onto its side, has evidence of bullets being shot at it.
There were five occupants in the vehicle. No injuries have been reported.
Police are searching for the second vehicle involved. Schmidt says the vehicle is possibly red and has significant damage to its front and sides, as it collided with the highway barriers before leaving the scene.
Hwy. 401 between Winston Churchill and Mississauga Rd. is closed as police and the MTO continue to investigate this incident.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call Port Credit OPP at 905-278-6131.
UPDATE: All lanes have been reopened.
- Police Investigating Highway Shooting in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Vehicle Travelling Wrong Way Involved in Fatal Crash in Mississauga
- Four-vehicle crash blocking all lanes on highway in Mississauga
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case