Highway Closure Prompted by Shooting in Mississauga
Reports of a shooting and a collision prompted a highway closure early Saturday morning in Mississauga.
A shooting involving two vehicles was reported on Hwy. 401 eastbound, east of Winston Churchill Blvd., between 4:30 a.m. to 5 a.m.
One vehicle remains on scene with heavy damage, says OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The vehicle, which rolled over onto its side, has evidence of bullets being shot at it.
There were five occupants in the vehicle. No injuries have been reported.
Police are searching for the second vehicle involved. Schmidt says the vehicle is possibly red and has significant damage to its front and sides, as it collided with the highway barriers before leaving the scene.
Hwy. 401 between Winston Churchill and Mississauga Rd. is closed as police and the MTO continue to investigate this incident.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call Port Credit OPP at 905-278-6131.
UPDATE: All lanes have been reopened.
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- Popular Clothing Store Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Big Plans in Store For One of Mississauga's Best Known Neighbourhoods
- The Weather Network Reveals Canada's 2018 Fall Forecast
- Driver Transported to Trauma Centre Following Crash in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Highway Shooting in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Vehicle Travelling Wrong Way Involved in Fatal Crash in Mississauga
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Arrested After Highway Crash Injures Six in Mississauga
- Serious Collision Prompts Highway Closure in Mississauga