Highway 401 to be Temporarily Closed in Mississauga
Ontario’s Ministry of Transportation is advising citizens to be aware that Highway 401 will be closed tonight (Saturday October 29) until the following morning.
The closure is due to the province’s plans to remove the Second Line West bridge across the 401, in order to accommodate the widening of the highway.
According to a notice issued by the province, the lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. and the highway will be fully closed at 11:00 p.m. Lanes will begin to reopen on Sunday, 8:00 a.m., with all lanes scheduled to be open by 10:00 a.m.
During this time, a detour route will be in place to direct traffic from Highway 401 around the closure. Westbound traffic will be detoured off the 401 at Mavis Road, north to Derry Road, then south on Mississauga Road/Erin Mills Parkway back to the 401. Eastbound traffic will be detoured off the 401 at Mississauga Road/Erin Mills Parkway, be directed north to Derry Road, and then south on Mavis Road back to the 401.
Police will also be present at all major intersections along the detour route to assist the flow of traffic.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga