Highway 401 Set To Be Reconstructed In Mississauga
Highway 401 is set to be reconstructed in Mississauga and Milton. The expansion project will cost over $500 million.
Aecon Group Inc. has announced that West Corridor Constructors has reached a financial close of the Highway 401 expansion project. The contract is valued at $639.8 million.
West Corridor Constructors was selected by Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario to design, build and finance the Highway 401 project. It is an association between Aecon who make up half the association, Parson who makes up 30 per cent and Amico who makes up 20 per cent.
Aecon Group Inc. is a Canadian construction and infrastructure development company. It provides services to private and public companies including project management, financing and development services. Aecon has been involved in the building some of the CN Tower, St. Lawrence Seaway, Highway 407 Express Toll Route, Vancouver Skytrain, and the Montreal-Trudeau International Airport.
Construction will start in late 2019 and finish in late 2022. It is approximately 18 kilometres of reconstruction from the Credit River in Mississauga to Regional Road 25 in Milton.
The construction company will widen the highway and reconstruct the bridge over the Credit River. They will also replace structural culverts, complete drainage and utilities work, and work on ecological restoration. Two-10-lane segments will be opened with two-12 lane core collector systems alongside median high occupancy vehicle lanes.
President and Chief Executive Officer of Aecon Group Inc, Jean-Louis Servranckx, says, "Along with our partners, Parsons and Amico, we are pleased to work with Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Transportation to deliver this significant project which will ultimately reduce traffic congestion and improve quality of life for commuters along the GTA corridor.”
According to Infrastructure Ontario, the plan will also reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gases.
Photo courtesy of Infrastructure Ontario.
- Construction begins on 401 expansion in Mississauga
- Massive 401 Expansion Will Impact Traffic This Fall in Mississauga
- Ontario Government To Repair Major Mississauga Highway and Bridge
- Province is Bringing Back Massive Highway Project Going Through Peel
- New Lanes Open on Another Major Mississauga Highway
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- Mass test results are in from Mississauga condo revealing good news about the variants
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021
- Ontario lays out vaccination timeline for seniors