HIgh-speed chase of stolen car in Whitby leads to charges against Mississauga and Brampton teens
A high-speed police chase of a stolen car through the roads of Whitby has led to charges against two males from Mississauga and one from Brampton.
The pursuit took place just after 2 p.m. on Monday (February 1) when Durham Regional Police were called about a suspicious vehicle driving through a neighbourhood.
When officers arrived in the area they located the stolen white Hyundai but attempts to stop the vehicle failed as the driver took off.
Several police cruisers converged in the area to join in the hunt and eventually officers found the vehicle abandoned.
With the help of members of the public who watched the events unfold, police tracked down three suspects trying to flee into a forested area.
Shawn Mingo, 18, of Mississauga and Justice Omoregie, 19, of Brampton along with a 17-year-old from Mississauga you cannot be identified because of his age, have all been charged with flight from a police officer, dangerous operation of a conveyance (a vehicle), and possession of property obtained by crime.
All three were released from custody by promising to appear in court at a future date.
(Durham Regional Police photo)
- Two police cars rammed by stolen vehicle in Mississauga, Brampton pair charged
- Suspect Leads Police on Pursuit, Ditches Vehicle in Mississauga
- Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Vehicle Stolen in Mississauga
- Woman Arrested After Officer Struck with Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot