Hidden Lunch Gems in Mississauga: Jessie's
Located in an industrial plaza and Kennedy and Matheson and it boasts huge lunchtime lineups, and for good reason. It has a little bit of everything, great food, large quantities, and great service at a good price. All four are hard to find. When you first walk in directly to the left there is chalk board that shows all the specials and today’s special that stuck out was the beef brisket on a bun.
You can also find a smoked meat sandwich, you watch that meat being sliced and put on rye right in front of your eyes as well as the most popular dish on the chalkboard menu: the chicken souvlaki dinner.
I have a feeling that once I let this secret out, the regulars are going to be pissed off. Jessie’s is a legendary spot that I only just discovered despite the fact that it’s been around since 1981.
The food is legendary and the owner is a personable guy with a distinctly unique sense of humor that you have to be ready for.
We ordered the most popular dish on the chalkboard menu: the chicken souvlaki dinner. It did not disappoint, as you can probably tell by the picture.
This place does not accept debit or credit, to be sure to have cash on you. In fact, the owner’s famous sense of humor emerged when two girls asked if he took debit and he responded by saying, “what’s debit? I have no idea what that is. I don’t know that technology.”
Three pieces of advice; get there a little before noon to avoid the lunch rush, bring cash as this place does not accept debit or credit and it's only open until 4pm. Enjoy and you’re welcome!
What you need to try: Chicken Souvlaki plate
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot