Here's Your Chance to Weigh in On the Mississauga Waterfront Redevelopment
by Paul Mantella on June 4, 2018
The city has a grand new plan for Mississauga’s waterfront.
On Tuesday, June 5, Mississauga residents are invited to an open house to learn more about it.
The open house will take place at Carmen Corbasson Community Centre from 6:30 p.m. until 9 p.m.
City staff will explain the goal behind the Inspiration Lakeview Master Plan.
The goal is to create a new sustainable waterfront community with residential buildings, parkland, and cultural and employment uses on the 245 acre property.
The Inspiration Lakeview Master Plan is meant to revitalize Mississauga’s waterfront.
The people of Mississauga “will see a new waterfront community come to life," Mississauga South MPP Charles Sousa previously said, calling the new project “the jewel in the crown for a city that continues to inspire with its vision for a new space that brings culture, business and education together."
The plan calls for six new neighbourhoods to be built with over 36 per cent of the total area comprised of parks and green spaces.
Making the waterfront publicly accessible is the main goal with a new connected trail system tying it all together.
The Lakeview land is the largest undeveloped single waterfront property in the city.
In total Inspiration Lakeview will accommodate approximately 15,000 to 20,000 people and 7,000 to 9,000 new jobs.
Formerly on the property was Lakeview Generating Station, a coal burning spower plant that first produced electricity in 1962.
It was shut down in 2005 after 43 years in operation.
- Popular Filipino Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- A Dog Daycare is Shutting Down in Mississauga
- Man in Mississauga Transported to Trauma Centre with Apparent Gunshot Wounds
- Weapon Seized in Mental Health Incident On A Mississauga Highway
- Massive Redevelopment Plan Moves Forward in Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Happening With a Massive Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- Massive Waterfront Development is Underway in Mississauga Near Port Credit
- Massive Waterfront Conservation Area Coming to Mississauga
- New Mississauga Waterfront Area to be Named After Jim Tovey