Here's Why You Can't Find Your Favourite Drinks at the LCBO
For many Ontarians, cracking open a cold one on a hot summer day is the perfect way to relax. However, some may find it hard to find their preferred drink of choice at some LCBO locations.
As many shoppers may have already learned, LCBO is currently experiencing an alcohol shortage.
According to a spokesperson for LCBO, the cause for the shortage is the company’s shift to a warehouse management system, which resulted in many deliveries being delayed.
“Our new Warehouse Management System, a new technology for handling product intake and outbound orders, at the Durham Retail Service Centre, was implemented in mid-June. While some interruption in service was expected, deliveries remain moving at a slower than usual pace. There is no inventory shortage, but rather, a delay in delivery. Our Retail Service Centre and any impacted parts of our business are working to minimize impact to our customers. The Durham Retail Service Centre is one of several warehouses the LCBO operates across the province.” said the LCBO spokesperson in a statement.
As a response to the problem, some LCBO locations have started putting up signs explaining the situation to their saddened customers.
Have you been affected by these shortages?
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter