Here’s Why Toronto Pearson Airport Was Recently Recognized
Toronto Pearson Airport has been in the news a lot lately, mainly because of flight cancellations and delays due to dangerous flying conditions.
Now, the airport has found itself in the new again; however, this time it has nothing to do with weather.
According to a press release, Toronto Pearson has been named the best large airport in North American. This is the second year in a row that the airport has received this recognition.
This recognition is part of the Airports Council International's (ACI) Airport Service Quality (ASQ) program - a survey that analyzes passenger satisfaction at the airport on their day of travel.
“We’re extremely grateful to our passengers, who took time out from their travels to give their feedback and for choosing Toronto Pearson as the best large airport in North America again this year,” Howard Eng, President and CEO, Greater Toronto Airports Authority, said in the release “This achievement is possible thanks to the collaboration and innovation of the 50,000 airport colleagues and partners who made a commitment to creating a better airport experience for our passengers and who continue to work every day to bring that vision to life.”
This recognition highlights Toronto Pearson’s ongoing commitment to improving the passenger experience. The airport, as noted in the release, is continuing to work on the following improvements.
- Improvements to the airport environment, such as courteous and helpful staff and opening 27 new retail, food and beverage locations;
- Moving passengers faster from curbs to gates faster with new CATSA Plus security screening lanes, as well as the introducing 400 new digital screens and enhanced ground transportation options;
- Creating a comfortable, clean environment by revitalizing of all 80 washrooms in Terminal 3; improving the cleanliness of terminals; and the introduction of therapy dogs, Mamava nursing pods, and Changing Places assisted changerooms; and,
- Enhanced entertainment, including a 10x speed and capacity upgrade to Toronto Pearson’s free WiFi, and more.
In addition, Toronto Pearson was also recognized as the most improved airport in North America.
Have you been to Toronto Pearson lately?
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Here’s How to Order Restaurant Food to Pearson Airport for the First Time Ever
- Something Exciting Just Happened to Pearson Airport
- Here’s Where Mississauga's Toronto Pearson Ranks on the List of Best Airports
- Here’s How Many People Are Expected to Come Through Pearson Airport This Summer
- This is How Many Flights are Cancelled at Toronto Pearson Airport