Here’s Why Toronto Pearson Airport Was Recently Recognized
Toronto Pearson Airport has been in the news a lot lately, mainly because of flight cancellations and delays due to dangerous flying conditions.
Now, the airport has found itself in the new again; however, this time it has nothing to do with weather.
According to a press release, Toronto Pearson has been named the best large airport in North American. This is the second year in a row that the airport has received this recognition.
This recognition is part of the Airports Council International's (ACI) Airport Service Quality (ASQ) program - a survey that analyzes passenger satisfaction at the airport on their day of travel.
“We’re extremely grateful to our passengers, who took time out from their travels to give their feedback and for choosing Toronto Pearson as the best large airport in North America again this year,” Howard Eng, President and CEO, Greater Toronto Airports Authority, said in the release “This achievement is possible thanks to the collaboration and innovation of the 50,000 airport colleagues and partners who made a commitment to creating a better airport experience for our passengers and who continue to work every day to bring that vision to life.”
This recognition highlights Toronto Pearson’s ongoing commitment to improving the passenger experience. The airport, as noted in the release, is continuing to work on the following improvements.
- Improvements to the airport environment, such as courteous and helpful staff and opening 27 new retail, food and beverage locations;
- Moving passengers faster from curbs to gates faster with new CATSA Plus security screening lanes, as well as the introducing 400 new digital screens and enhanced ground transportation options;
- Creating a comfortable, clean environment by revitalizing of all 80 washrooms in Terminal 3; improving the cleanliness of terminals; and the introduction of therapy dogs, Mamava nursing pods, and Changing Places assisted changerooms; and,
- Enhanced entertainment, including a 10x speed and capacity upgrade to Toronto Pearson’s free WiFi, and more.
In addition, Toronto Pearson was also recognized as the most improved airport in North America.
Have you been to Toronto Pearson lately?
- Here’s How to Order Restaurant Food to Pearson Airport for the First Time Ever
- Something Exciting Just Happened to Pearson Airport
- Mississauga's Pearson Airport is first Canadian airport to achieve global health accreditation amid COVID-19
- Here’s Where Mississauga's Toronto Pearson Ranks on the List of Best Airports
- Passengers and employees at Pearson airport must now wear masks ‘at all times’
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity