Here’s Where You Can Watch Concerts in Mississauga This Summer
While Celebration Square certainly functions as Mississauga's chief open-air entertainment hub, it's not the only outdoor concert or entertainment venue in the city.
In fact, the city—which is large and full of pockets you probably haven't explored—hosts a ton of live music events throughout the summer. In fact, there are endless opportunities to listen to live music all across the city—and many events are free to attend.
So, what should music lovers know?
The Summer Concert Series occurs all summer long on Friday evenings in Streetsville Village Square from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. and on Sunday evenings at Port Credit's Memorial Park from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
These free performances will feature a variety of live music including jazz, Latin, Celtic rock, indie rock and country.
If you want to attend, be sure to bring your lawn chair to prepare to enjoy a musical night under the stars (you should also note that dancing is totally acceptable and even expected).
You can, of course, enjoy live music (for free, no less) at a number of summertime events at Celebration Square.
If you want to sing or enjoy amateur musicians, note that an open mic night will take place every Wednesday evening at the Amphitheatre on the upper east side of Celebration Square in August. The events will run from 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
If you're a performer, be sure to submit your online audition for Amphitheatre Unplugged.
If you're into live entertainment, you can check out SaugaBusks, a grassroots program that features local buskers who will perform throughout the city until October 31 (weather permitting).
Every Friday evening from now through August, you can enjoy live music at Benares Historic House with the annual On the Verandah series, presented by Friends of the Museums of Mississauga.
This event is a fundraiser and a $10 donation per person is appreciated.
Will you be checking out some live music in Mississauga soon?
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Over 200 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, over 150 cases now confirmed in Mississauga
- Streetsville Square Road Will Be Closed Weekends This Summer For Events
- Huge Events Lined Up This Summer for Celebration Square
- Top 5 Free Relaxing Outdoor Events in Mississauga
- inSauga.com’s Live Show Returning to Celebration Square This Summer
- Major Food, Music, Comedy and Entertainment Festival Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga