Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
If you don't have any telltale symptoms (such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath) but need a COVID-19 test to return to school or work or visit an elderly or immunocompromised loved one, you can now get tested a new site in Mississauga.
The Region of Peel recently took to social media to advise asymptomatic residents who need or want a COVID-19 test to visit the new Peel Regional Paramedics Kingsway Satellite centre at 7120 Hurontario St.
According to the region's website, the site opened on Monday, Sept. 21 and will remain open until Sunday, Oct. 4.
The site is open daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The announcement comes after Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie urged asymptomatic people to refrain from lining up for a test.
During a Sept. 16 press conference, Crombie said that many asymptomatic people are getting tested because they plan to return to work, see a loved one or travel.
"Most asymptomatic people are testing negative but need a test to go back to work or to travel, so the number of asymptomatic people is high and they need to consider being tested elsewhere," Crombie said during a Sept. 16 council meeting.
At the same meeting, Crombie said that Michelle DiEmanuele, President and CEO of Trillium Health Partners, confirmed that people have reported waiting as long as five hours for a COVID-19 test.
"We are testing between 1,000 and 1,300 people a day," Crombie said, adding that Premier Doug Ford recently announced that the province is working to launch more community test sites for people with no symptoms.
Acknowledging that the demand for testing is skyrocketing, Ford said that the Ontario government is working with the private sector to set up testing sites at pharmacies and other appropriate locations.
An announcement regarding testing is expected this week.
To learn more about testing in Mississauga, click here.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Drive-thru COVID testing centre in Mississauga closes line early due to high demand
- Bonnie Crombie says Mississauga can only test about 400 people for COVID-19 a day
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested
- A mobile COVID-19 testing centre is coming to Mississauga
- New guidelines make Ontario the most accessible province for COVID-19 testing
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls