Here's Where Mississauga Ranks on This List of Best Cities for Public Transit
Mississauga’s a big city which means, unless you own a car, you’re most likely relying on public transit to get around.
That said, how good is Mississauga’s transit and how does it stack up against other cities?
Tech-powered real estate brokerage Redfin recently ranked the top 15 big Canadian cities (population exceeding 300,000) based on their public transit in 2019.
Mississauga comes in at fourth place overall, with a score of 56.
“Transit Score is calculated based on indicators showing that local public transit is both convenient, and runs frequently,” Redfin explains.
Neighbouring city Brampton comes in just below with a score of 53.
The top three best cities are Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal, with scores of 78, 74, and 67, respectively.
Hamilton and London come in last, both with scores of 45.
For more information on these rankings and how the scoring works, click here.
What are your thoughts on these results?
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
- An Unexpected Shop is Opening Soon in Square One in Mississauga
- Did You Know That This Popular Toronto-Shot TV Show is Filming in Mississauga?
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
- Top 5 Greek Restaurants in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton Transit Unions Demand Transit Be Kept in Public Hands
- Transit is About to Get Cheaper in Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- Federal Budget Cancels Public Transit Tax Credit in Mississauga and Canada
- Is Mississauga & Brampton Transit Going to Become One?
- Ontario Passes Foreign Buyers Tax and Seniors' Public Transit Credit