Here’s when the Celebration Square skating rink will open in Mississauga
You might not be able to attend a big Christmas party this holiday season, but you can still enjoy the great outdoors and some of the perks of winter.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that the Celebration Square ice rink will open Dec. 11, 2020 (weather permitting) and remain open until March 21, 2021.
The ice rink, which is typically busy all winter-long, will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. If you do not have your own pair of skates, you can rent them on-site for $10 (or $5 if you're renting for children under 12). You can also rent a helmet for $5 or have your skates sharpened for $8.
There are currently no restrictions or pre-reservation requirements in place. The public washrooms will also be open.
Lockers are not available and some COVID-19-related rules will be in effect this winter.
The city says that anyone who feels sick or has travelled within the last 14 days must stay home and get tested before going skating. All skaters are required to maintain physical distancing of two metres from other groups and masks or face-coverings are required when maintaining physical distancing is a challenge.
Skating is only permitted in one-direction (clockwise) and picnic tables are set up two metres apart for skaters to change into their skates. Occupancy of each table is limited to individual household groups.
All rental equipment (skates, skate aids, helmets, etc.) is sanitized after each use with government-approved products and skaters that are renting equipment will be required to sign a waiver that includes information for contact tracing.
Staff are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety protocol at all times and signage is present throughout the facility to educate and improve awareness of safety requirements.
Skaters are asked to listen to and obey skate patrollers at all times and to refrain from bringing food and drink onto the ice. No hockey equipment or other toys/equipment are permitted on the ice surface and only approved skate-aid devices will be permitted.
To learn more, click here.
- Skating rink at Celebration Square opens today in Mississauga
- Go for a skate on Burlington's artificial outdoor rink outside the Appleby Ice Centre
- Mississauga's Biggest Outdoor Ice Rink Opens Today
- Here’s what you need to know before skating at celebration square in Mississauga
- Masks now mandatory (except for little kids) at Brampton outdoor skating rinks
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic