Here’s when Marshalls will officially open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
Mississauga might still be in lockdown—and will remain shuttered until at least March 8—but some stores are still opening in some of the city's most popular shopping centres.
Marshalls, a popular store known for offering brand-name clothing, footwear and accessories at affordable prices, is slated to open early next month.
Residents first learned that the mall, which used to be home to a large Sears location before the department store brand closed all of its Canadian stores, would be welcoming a Marshalls location in 2019.
A little less than two years ago, Ward 9 Councillor Pat Saito took to social media to announce that the old Sears location would be transformed into a movie theatre and entertainment complex. She also said the space would house the upcoming Marshalls store.
As for the movie theatre and entertainment complex, Cineplex initially announced plans for Junxion, a first-of-its-kind concept that features a movie theatre, restaurants and an and entertainment complex, in November 2019.
Once complete, the 45,000 square foot space will include six auditoriums, a food hall featuring an indoor food truck, amusement gaming, a space for live events (including live music) and an outdoor screen on a rooftop patio. The space will also contain a bar that will serve wine and craft beer.
The brand new complex was targeted to open in late 2020, but COVID-19 has likely delayed its opening.
The new Marshalls location will open on March 2, 2021.
- Massive theatre and entertainment complex coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- A Huge Entertainment Complex is Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Massive New Entertainment Complex Coming to Square One Target Location in Mississauga
- Popular French Store Set to Open Brand New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Popular Store Opening Brand New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard