Here’s When an American Pizza Restaurant Will Open in Square One in Mississauga
The Food District is officially open, but not every vendor is serving customers just yet.
But some are worth the wait.
Earlier this year, Build it by Design, a Mississauga-based contracting company that’s worked on a number of acclaimed restaurants throughout Mississauga and the GTA, confirmed that the MidiCi: The Neapolitan Pizza Company, will be opening a brand new location inside the shopping centre’s newest food area.
MidiCi’s Square One location will be its second in Canada. As of now, residents who want to sample the brand’s beloved pizza have to travel to the Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket to do it.
As far as MidiCi goes, the L.A.-based company says it’s all about socializing, social responsibility and, of course, pizza.
“Everything we do is motivated by our will to make the world a friendlier place, and to serve fine authentic Neapolitan pizza,” the brand’s website reads.
“We make a continued commitment to incorporating high quality non-GMO fresh and all natural ingredients. We respect and honor people, food, our planet, Mother Nature, Neapolitan tradition, and we hope to spread those values with every plate of food we serve.”
As far as the menu goes, MidiCi offers antipasti (think warm olives, garlic knots, bruschetti, baked burrata, calamari and more), meat and cheese boards, salad, bread and, of course, pizza.
Some pizza varieties include margherita, marinara (which is vegan), pesto, tartufo, diavola, tropicale (Hawaiian), chicken bruschetta, egg and bacon and more.
According to Square One, the restaurant should open sometime in May or June.
The Food District itself opened on April 1 and focuses on offering local, handmade and high-quality foods in a setting that embraces both new- and old-world food emporiums.
It offers a ton of acclaimed vendors, including La Carnita, Sweet Jesus, Bake Three-Fifty, Pier 87, Seed to Sausage, the Pie Commission and more.
With more than 34,000 sq. ft., the Food District will offer residents space to meet, explore and share the love of food through tastings, cooking classes, dinner parties, book signings and other special events.
Will you be eating at MidiCi this spring?
- American Pizza Restaurant Opening Second Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga
- 5 Most Anticipated Restaurants Coming to the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Popular American Pizza Restaurant Opens At Mississauga's Square One
- Pizza Pizza Introduces Vegan Cheese in Mississauga and Beyond
- PHOTOS: Here's Some of the Food Coming to Square One's Food District in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots