Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated Store Will Officially Open in Square One in Mississauga
Are you excited to get started on your—dare we say it!—holiday shopping?
If you like to start planning your shopping excursions early (and since it's still scorning hot outside, it's definitely very early), you might be happy to hear that one of the most highly-anticipated new stores is officially opening its doors in November.
Uniqlo, the Japanese retail giant, is opening four new Canadian stores in fall 2018.
The brand's Square One store will open Nov. 2.
For those who like a little retail history, the first Uniqlo store opened in Japan in 1984. The brand has since expanded into global markets with more than 2,000 stores across the globe.
The casual apparel line has amassed a cult-like following, mostly due to its innovative clothing and accessory designs such as the HeatTech line that's made with a fabric that turns moisture into heat (perfect for Canada’s cold winter climate!).
The Square One store will measure approximately 15,000 sq. ft. and be located on one floor.
Uniqlo has already opened at Toronto’s Eaton Centre and Yorkdale, and is about to open in several other locations across the country.
The first new store will take shape in British Columbia at Coquitlam Centre on Sept. 14 and the rest will open in Ontario. Uniqlo will open at Vaughan Mills on Sept. 28 and CF Markville on Oct. 12.
Artist's rendering of UNIQLO Square One Shopping Centre (CNW Group/UNIQLO Canada)
“Encouraged by the warm welcome we have had to date, we are thrilled to be opening three new stores in the Greater Toronto Area and a fourth new store in Greater Vancouver” said Yasuhiro Hayashi, Chief Operating Officer of UNIQLO Canada. “We’re excited these four new stores will allow more people to discover LifeWear, thoughtfully created to make everyday life better and more comfortable.”
Uniqlo says One HeatTech item will be given to the first 500 customers who make a purchase on opening day of each new store, and people will be encouraged to Spin The Wheel for the chance to win free items or discounts between 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
The new stores will join all other UNIQLO Canada stores in offering its All-Product Recycling Initiative in which customers can drop off gently used UNIQLO clothing in bins for donation to those in need.
- One of the Biggest Japanese Stores is Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Another Very Popular Store is Headed to Square One in Mississauga
- Is One of the Biggest Japanese Clothing Retailers Coming to Mississauga?
- Top 5 New Stores and Restaurants Coming to Square One Soon
- Unique International Discount Store Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- UPDATE: Cyclist succumbs to injuries after collision in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario