Here’s When a Highly Anticipated Restaurant is Opening in Mississauga
If you love gyros, falafel, baklava, or delicious Middle Eastern or Mediterranean food in general, you might be excited to know that a very popular restaurant is opening in Mississauga (and it's opening very, very soon).
Back in March, the Halal Guys announced—to a great deal of fanfare—that they were about to open a brand new location in Mississauga.
Now, the ultra-popular Middle Eastern restaurant has confirmed that it will open its doors with a grand opening celebration on Friday, August 3 at its new Heartland Town Centre location.
Doors will open at 11:00 a.m.
This will be the quick service restaurant's second location in the GTA, but it currently operates over 200 restaurants worldwide.
As one might expect, people are pretty excited about the latest addition to Mississauga's growing Middle Eastern food scene.
Originating in New York City in 1990, the Halal Guys quickly developed a cult-like following, attracting “around the block” lines to their food carts across Manhattan.
Operators say the red-and-yellow food carts are famous for generous servings of Middle Eastern dishes, and recognized worldwide for their white and hot sauces.
The Halal Guys are converting the food-cart concept into fast-casual dining locations.
To celebrate the new opening, customers will have the opportunity to step up and spin the prize wheel for a chance to win a variety of The Halal Guys merchandise, including t-shirts and discount vouchers.
The first 50 people in line will also receive a free platter or sandwich.
Additionally, those who sign up for The Halal Guys loyalty program will be entered to win a 55’ TV.
“It’s been an amazing experience opening The Halal Guys in Toronto and we are so excited to expand and become part of the Mississauga community as well,” said Imran Momin, co-owner of the franchises. “There is a tremendous appetite for halal food in the GTA and we look forward to continue to grow and share our food with even more foodies.”
More locations are expected to open in the not-too-distant future.
- Much Buzzed About Restaurant Officially Opens in Mississauga
- Renowned Middle Eastern Restaurant Coming to Mississauga
- New restaurant specializing in unique Middle Eastern flatbread now open in Mississauga
- Brand New Middle Eastern Restaurant Opens in Mississauga
- 5 Big New Restaurant Openings of the Summer in Mississauga
- Mississauga salesman enjoying big lotto win
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga
- McDonald's reopens in North Mississauga after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- US Vice-President candidate Kamala Harris has a Mississauga connection
- One-bedroom apartments in Mississauga third most expensive on list of 35 Canadian cities