Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated Egyptian Restaurant Will Open in Mississauga
This year has been a good one for food in Mississauga.
And it's only going to get better.
Anyone who lives, works or plays here knows that Mississauga boasts a uniquely diverse food scene that is--or should be--the envy of any up and coming city looking to brag about its enviable culinary landscape.
And now, it looks like it’s getting closer to to welcoming the first sit-down restaurant helmed by a popular catering company that’s known for its savoury Egyptian dishes.
In fact, we now know when it’s going to open (hint: it’s very soon).
Masrawy Kitchen, a soon-to-be-open restaurant operated by the better known Masrawy Fine Egyptian Catering, is taking shape in the Argentia Rd. and Derry Rd. area.
Photo courtesy of BUILD IT By Design
The catering company announced its restaurant back in the fall.
“Can't wait to share what Masrawy is cooking up next! It is with great excitement and anticipation that Masrawy Catering announces our next project, Masrawy Kitchen,” operators wrote on their official Facebook page.
BUILD IT By Design, the Mississauga-based contracting company that's currently bringing the space to life, says the restaurant is slated to open in late June or Early July.
The dine-in restaurant will allow the company to offer sit-down and take-out meals for the first time ever, and while the menu isn’t available online just yet, we can assume that operators will offer diners some of the same Egyptian classics they’ve been ordering to their homes and offices on special occasions.
Some items on the catering menu include lentil masri soup, baba ghanoush, hummus, BBQ chicken, Daoud Basha Kofta, Fatta Masrawy, Kofta and Chicken Tawook skewers, oxtail stew, roast beef, calamari, roast duck and more.
Cover photo courtesy of dkphotography.ca
- Brand New Egyptian Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Highly-Anticipated Egyptian Restaurant Officially Open in Mississauga
- Shifting Restaurant Spotlight: Masrawy Egyptian Kitchen
- Five Reasons You Need to Try This Amazing Egyptian Restaurant in Mississauga
- Unique New Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in connection with India call centre scam
- COVID-19 surge forcing paramedics to unload ambulances outside hospitals in Mississauga
- Battle lines drawn as Mississauga and Brampton fight it out over store openings