Here’s What’s Replacing One of Mississauga’s Most Longstanding Restaurants
A restaurant that most Mississauga residents have fond childhood (and even adulthood) memories of is no more.
Well, the chain itself lives on, but one of the longstanding locations that's been serving delectably greasy, cheat-day appropriate pizza for years and years has shuttered its doors for good.
Yes, it's true—the Pizza Hut location on Burnhamthorpe off of Wolfedale is no longer serving pizza to the City Centre masses (but fear not, there are many other locations that will ensure you get your pizza fix).
According to signage posted in the restaurant's window, the space is being taken over by Oriental Rice Noodle House, a restaurant that currently operates two restaurants in Markham.
The restaurant specializes in, of course, noodle dishes. Some items include Yun Shang original, tomato, spicy, sauerkraut, pickled and coconut curry rice noodle; iron skewers with squid, mushroom and beef tongue; spicy duck tongue, pig ear and more.
Interestingly enough, the City Centre area has been enjoying an influx of Asian restaurants over the past few years, most recently welcoming such popular brands as Kenzo Ramen, Chatime, Green Grotto and Sugar Marmalade.
Other restos, including Kinton Ramen, Sansotei Ramen and Cha Me Cha, are also slated to set up shop in the neighbourhood this year.
We'll keep you updated on more new opening details as they emerge.
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Mississauga Set to Welcome $40 Million Park
- Get Ready for Some Brutally Cold Weather in Mississauga
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga
- Popular Toronto Ramen Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Very Popular Ramen Restaurant Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Beloved Ramen Restaurant Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Is Kinton Ramen Coming to Mississauga?
- Unique New Restaurant Opens in City Centre in Mississauga