Here’s what’s replacing a Smoke’s Poutinerie location in Mississauga
When Smoke's Poutinerie closed the doors of its Port Credit location for good earlier on in the pandemic, many residents likely wondered what would replace the restaurant.
Well, now we know.
Philthy Philly's, which used to operate a location at 61 Lakeshore Rd. E., has moved into the old Smoke's Poutinerie location at 114 Lakeshore Rd. E.
As far as food goes, the restaurant offers Philly cheesesteak, poutine, pulled pork sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, burgers, salads and more.
"Despite wanting to be there for our local community and welcoming our customers via takeout and delivery and continuing to stay open through the last few months of COVID concerns, we still suffered from loss of sales and lack of flexibility with our landlord," a restaurant spokesperson said in an email to insauga.com.
"At the end, we had to simply pack our bags. However, we got an opportunity on a place to continue business we simply couldn't pass up literally just down the street."
The spokesperson said the restaurant has spent the last week moving, painting, and putting things in place so that Philthy Philly's can open to the public in a "safe and healthy manner" with physical distancing measures in place.
It will be opening on Monday, May 25.
- Free bicycles available for Malton students who need them in Mississauga
- Mississauga restaurant ordered to pay $40,000 to sexual harassment victim
- Mississauga driver stopped three times for excessive speeding: Peel police
- Feds transitioning Canadians from CERB to Employment Insurance
- Skies will be clear in Mississauga for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing