Here’s What’s Happening With the Power Outages in Mississauga
If you've been outside (or looked out your window), you know it's an abnormally (and scarily) windy day—and many people in Mississauga and surrounding cities have had to deal with power disruptions as a result.
Alectra Utilities just announced that it has deployed more than 250 powerline maintainers to restore service to more than 15,000 customers who are still without power due to today's high winds.
Power outages have been occurring across the GTA, with outages remaining in the Hamilton and Mississauga areas.
As of 4:00 p.m.,13,759 customers in the Hamilton area were without power and 1,359 in Mississauga. Alectra crews have reportedly been busy in Vaughan as well, where approximately 10,000 customers have had service restored as of 4:00 p.m. Wednesday.
Alectra says it anticipates that service will be restored to all remaining customers by either late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning.
- Strong Winds Cause Power Outage for Over 10,000 Brampton and Mississauga Residents
- Power Outages Possible For Mississauga This Weekend
- Crews Continue Working to Restore Power to Mississauga Homes
- Power Outages Affecting Residents and Causing Closures in Mississauga
- Power Outage Affecting Customers and Causing Traffic in Mississauga
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Police looking for missing 30 year old Mississauga man