Here's What's Happening With Gas Prices in Mississauga Right Now
It’s true that gas prices in Mississauga are always in flux. Prices at the pumps dropped days ago, and it looks like they’re on their way back to higher than we’d like.
Did you notice incredibly low prices at the pump around Friday August 18 across the GTA?
If so, you’re not alone.
According to gas price analyst Dan McTeague at GasBuddy.com, prices dropped as low as 119.9 cents/L at some gas bars in the GTA.
The highest price was about 130.9 cents/L, which is expected to hold steady until this Wednesday.
It was a whopping four-cent drop.
So, if you’re looking to fill up on gas, before Wednesday is the ideal time to do it.
I’m Case You Missed It … https://t.co/NtnlG6xGay— Dan McTeague (@GasBuddyDan) August 17, 2018
No change is slated for gas prices in Tuesday, according to McTeague.
But gas prices will see a two-cent hike at gas bars on Wednesday August 22, to 132.9 cents/L.
Gas Price #Toronto #GTA #Ottawa #Hamilton #LdnOnt #KW #Guelph #Barrie #Cambridge #Niagara and most of southern #Ontario to N/C @ the Tuesday, followed by a 2 ct/l HIKE Wednesday Aug 22 (to 132.9 cpl for GTA)— Dan McTeague (@GasBuddyDan) August 20, 2018
You might be wondering why gas prices rise.
Higher prices on oil and pressure on the Canadian dollar are two of several factors for price increases at the pumps, according to McTeague.
As for the decrease in prices last week, that’s because the price of oil fell by more than $2.
And according to McTeague, prices could rise drastically around the second week of September again.
Better fill ‘er up ASAP!
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents urged to avoid non-essential travel due to snow