Step 2 re-opening starts today in Mississauga, Brampton and here's what you can do
There will be some new COVID rules - less restrictive ones - when Mississauga, Brampton and the rest of Ontario starts its day today.
As of now, Mississauga and the rest of the province will enter stage two of Ontario's re-opening plan that will allow personal services to take place and increase the number of people who can gather.
"I'm proud of the progress we have made; we are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. This is thanks to our residents who are stepping forward to get fully vaccinated and are following public health advice," said Mayor Bonnie Crombie.
In stage two of the reopening framework, the following is permitted:
- Outdoor gatherings up to 25 people
- Indoor gatherings up to five people
- Personal care services open at 25 per cent capacity to maximum; services that require the removal of a face covering are not permitted
- Outdoor dining up to six people per table
- Weddings, religious rites and ceremonies - maximum of 25 per cent capacity indoors; unlimited outdoors with physical distancing
- Outdoor sports leagues
- Outdoor sport facilities with spectators permitted at 25 per cent capacity
- Outdoor concert venues, theatres and cinemas, with spectators permitted at 25 per cent capacity
- Outdoor fairs, rural exhibitions and festivals permitted at 25 per cent capacity with other restrictions
- Non-essential retail at 25 per cent capacity
The City of Mississauga will also be posting updates on recreational sports and other services as they become available. You can check out where we are at not here.
Starting Monday, July 5, the Mississauga Library will be open for customers at 25 per cent capacity with the following services available, up to one-hour visits:
- Bookable computer use
- Bookable study spaces
- Browse and borrow library items, including picking up holds
- Getting a library card
- Paying fines
- What's actually permitted starting July 16 in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario for Step 3
- Step 2 in the re-opening starts today in Oshawa, Ajax and Durham Region - Here's what you can do
- On July 16 Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and Ontario will move into step 3 of re-opening
- Oshawa, Whitby and the rest of Durham move to Step 3 July 16
- Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills heads into step 3 of reopening plan a week today
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- Police advising motorists to watch out for rogue cow in Milton
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Thunderstorms with hail expected in Hamilton and Niagara
- Mangoes recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario due to Hepatitis A