Here’s What Happened to a Very Popular Shawarma Joint That Suddenly Closed in Mississauga
A few short weeks ago, a very popular shawarma joint in Mississauga closed down, much to the dismay of diners who regularly frequented the long-standing hotspot.
But when one door closes, another one opens.
And this case, the door is a familiar one.
Pita Boss, a Derry Road mainstay that's been on our Top 5 shawarma list for sometime, reportedly closed down "for repairs" back in late 2017.
It has since transformed into an Osmow's restaurant.
The changeover happened with little advance notice.
Before Christmas, Pita Boss operators placed a hand-written sign on the door indicating that the location was closed for the aforementioned repairs. There was some confusion, as the restaurant never mentioned the closure—or potential reopening date—on its website or social media accounts.
But while shawarma lovers were no doubt sad to see Pita Boss go, some might be taking comfort in the fact that the space is by no means devoid of Mediterranean cuisine. Osmow's, though plentiful in the city, is a tried and true shawarma joint that has stood the test of time for a reason.
So shawarma lovers can sleep soundly knowing there's still falafel right around the corner.
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Mississauga
- New case of coronavirus found in Ontario
- New construction coming to busy road in Mississauga
- Heavy snow warning issued for Mississauga
- Popular Shawarma Restaurant Closes Down in Mississauga
- Mississauga's Most Popular Shawarma Joint Opens New Location Near Square One
- International Shawarma Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Brand New Shawarma Restaurant Finally Coming to Shawarma Free Neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Best Shawarma Battle: Mississauga Vs. Brampton