Here’s What Happened to a Very Popular Shawarma Joint That Suddenly Closed in Mississauga
A few short weeks ago, a very popular shawarma joint in Mississauga closed down, much to the dismay of diners who regularly frequented the long-standing hotspot.
But when one door closes, another one opens.
And this case, the door is a familiar one.
Pita Boss, a Derry Road mainstay that's been on our Top 5 shawarma list for sometime, reportedly closed down "for repairs" back in late 2017.
It has since transformed into an Osmow's restaurant.
The changeover happened with little advance notice.
Before Christmas, Pita Boss operators placed a hand-written sign on the door indicating that the location was closed for the aforementioned repairs. There was some confusion, as the restaurant never mentioned the closure—or potential reopening date—on its website or social media accounts.
But while shawarma lovers were no doubt sad to see Pita Boss go, some might be taking comfort in the fact that the space is by no means devoid of Mediterranean cuisine. Osmow's, though plentiful in the city, is a tried and true shawarma joint that has stood the test of time for a reason.
So shawarma lovers can sleep soundly knowing there's still falafel right around the corner.
- Popular Shawarma Restaurant Closes Down in Mississauga
- Popular Mississauga shawarma joint temporarily closes two locations
- Mississauga's Most Popular Shawarma Joint Opens New Location Near Square One
- International Shawarma Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Brand New Shawarma Restaurant Finally Coming to Shawarma Free Neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Will Mississauga and Brampton be fully open next week?
- Big lotto winner from Mississauga thought the $500k win was a joke
- Power outage in northwest Brampton affecting more than 2,500 homes, businesses