Here’s what features Canadians are looking for in a home
What features are you looking for in a home?
A recent survey from Zolo--one of Canada’s most popular national real estate marketplaces--found that homebuyers are prioritizing features related to saving money and dedicated living spaces.
According to the findings, 73 per cent of respondents said they wanted a detached house, 70 per cent said they wanted one with a garage, 68 per cent said they wanted one with an en-suite washroom, 49 per cent said they wanted two bathrooms, and 40 per cent said they wanted a home with three bedrooms.
However, when it came to features based on gender, things were slightly different--the top priority for women, 73 per cent, was a newer furnace and central air conditioning unit, while the top priority for men, 71 per cent, was a private outdoor living space.
The second-most sought-after feature for women was a patio or deck, 65 per cent; followed by an updated kitchen, 64 per cent; followed by walk-in closets, 60 per cent.
For men, the second-most sought-after feature was an updated kitchen, 67 per cent; followed by energy-saving appliances, 60 per cent; followed by hardwood floors, 57 per cent.
- Peel Region reporting 543 new COVID-19 cases, 59.8 per cent in Brampton and 35.8 per cent in Mississauga
- Peel reporting 870 new COVID-19 cases, 59.9 per cent in Brampton and 35.7 per cent in Mississauga
- Only 30 per cent of global companies prioritizing gender equity: survey
- Home prices to rise more than 9 per cent in 2020, Canadian Real Estate Association forecasts
- Rental rates down 17 per cent in the GTA and more than 10 per cent in Mississauga
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Starbucks shuts down two Brampton locations because of COVID-19